Wednesday 20 July 2016

Getting involved in the #LOVEARMY - je m'investis dans la #LOVEARMY

You may or may not have seen about this on twitter, but Jerome Jarre, started a project (named #LOVEARMY) after what happened in Nice the other day, basically we just had to do some random acts of kindness to anyone in the street. I decided to go and do it with my sister in our town, and I ended up with one of my friends and another girl! It was a lovely day so it was really nice ! I guessed there weren't going to be many of us (my friend who did the project with me thought there were going to be about 100 of us but I knew there would be about 10 of us) and in the end there were 4 of us !! 
Vous avez sûrement dû en entendre parler ou peut être pas, mais Jérôme Jarre, a commencé un projet (nommé #LOVEARMY) après ce qu'il s'est passé a Nice l'autre jour, en gros on devait faire des actes de gentillesse aléatoires envers n'importe qui dans la rue, j'ai décidé d'aller le faire avec ma sœur dans notre ville, et j'ai fini avec une de mes amies et une autre fille! Il faisait vraiment du beau temps donc c'était vraiment bien ! J'ai deviné que l'on n'allait pas être beaucoup (mon amie qui a fait le projet avec moi pensait que l'on allait être une centaine mais je savais que l'on allait être une dizaine) et au final on était 4 !!


I wanted the #LOVEARMY project to replace my hospital project ; so I really got into it ! I blew up some balloons to give to young children, and I wrote #LOVEARMY on them, I bought some sweets for older children : 
Je voulais que le projet #LOVEARMY remplace en quelques sorte mon projet de l'hôpital ; donc je me suis mis a fond dedans ! J'ai gonflé des ballons pour donner aux jeunes enfants avec #LOVEARMY écrit dessus et acheté des bonbons pour les enfants un peu plus âgés : 


Here's what they looked like when they were done : 
Voilà à quoi ils ressemblaient quand ils étaient prêts : 


Me, my sister and my friend (they took it in turns to come with me) went to see little girls and boys (with their parents) to explain what and why we were doing this, and give them a ballon if they wanted ! 3 girls had a really cute reaction when we gave them a balloon and their parents told us that we were really nice doing that and that they were really happy we made their children happy ! By the end of the day we gave about 10 ballons out (and only two people who we offered one to said no) : 
Moi, ma soeur et mon amie (chacune leur tour elles m'accompagnait) allions voir les petits filles et garçons (avec leurs parents) pour leur expliquer ce qu'on faisait et pourquoi, et on leur donnait un ballon s'ils en voulaient un! 3 filles avaient eu une réaction vraiment adorable quand on leur a donné un ballon et leurs parents nous ont dit que c'était vraiment adorable de faire ça et qu'ils étaient contens qu'on ait rendus leurs enfants heureux ! A la fin de la journée on a distribué environ 10 ballons (et seulement deux personnes a qui l'on a proposé nous on dit non) : 


And then another girl arrived and did a "free hug" sign and a man came and said "god bless you" to all of us, he was really nice to us and  he talked with us for about 10 minutes : 
Et puis une autre fille est arrivée et a fait un panneau "câlins gratuits" et un homme est venu et a nous a dit "que dieu vous bénisse", il était vraiment gentil et il a parlé avec nous pendant environ 10 minutes : 


The "official" project lasts a week but with my friends and my sister we're probably going to keep doing it as soon as we can even after it's finished ! 
Le projet "officiel" ne dure qu'une semaine mais avec mes amis et ma soeur on va surement continuer de le faire dès que l'on peut même quand c'est fini !

2 comments:

  1. if you want to buy me a large ice cream next week that would be very kind...xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I tried, we would end up eating it on the boat/in the car or it would melt...xx

      Delete